Thursday, May 14, 2009

One Stop Shop Producer Battle

So I'm a bit late on this post.. but eff it I was there! One Stop Shop Producer Conference is quite possibly one of the more amazing events that I have been to in the past year or so. I suggest any and ALL folks who do music go to this event Sha Money XL puts on. It doesn't matter if your a Producer, a Label guy, a singer, a rapper or a fan. There is alot to gain at this event no matter WHAT you do.

What inspired me the most was not only meeting all of my idols and folks that I look up to in the industry (What up Preem!) but really meeting all the folks who travelled to this event on their last dime and even by themselves just so they could be there. It was really really inspiring, made me wanna step my game up tenfold.

Highlight of the whole trip was meeting DJ Premier (hey thats my favorite producer of all time, well one of em..lol) Even MORE of a trip before I could even dap him up.. I hear a "Keelay right?" Out Primo's mouth! Whaaa? PRIMO Knows who I am?! I think I stuttered for about 5 min before I could even say anything back..lol. I thanked him for playin our record on his show and this man could not be more down to earth and just REAL. Again another inspiring moment at this conference.

Shouts out to all the homeys I met and who I saw there as well. (Waaaaay too many to name without looking like I was tryna name drop or someshit..lol)


A Little Impromptu listening session with Illmind, Karim, Slopfunkdust and Westbrook. I think Slop took some 1,500 beats from Illmeezy that day.. WTF!! 1,500 beats?!! Your a bastid Jr.!!

Slop smoking a blunt.. this is how dope it was to be there I took about 5 really bad pictures the whole time I was there..lol. I was too busy havin fun.



Mphazes being a superstar. (We never got to drink our 40's Fam!!) Honestly I think Phaze played some of the illest beats I've EVER heard in my life. I hate you too Poooofta!



Vohn Beats! this is my "can I take a pic with you" celebrity moment..lol. Vohn is the TRUTH and the Future. I know I aint tryna see him in any sort of beat battle.




The homeys from hawaii! Westbrook and Letti Lett make up SlappSymphony. These cats BEEN some of my favorite producers for a looong time. Don't tell em I said that tho..haha
Peace!!
Keelay


No comments: